If you think you have a problem with Pests
call Redback Pest Control Sydney now on 1800 733 222 for expert advice
Building Inspection Report
A Pre-puchase Termite Inspection of any property you intend to buy is strongly recommended to protect your investment. The cost of a thorough inspection and full written report by your local TermiteExpert is nothing compared to the potential costs of dealing with any current or future termite infestation or damage. Wouldn’t you like to know if the property is at a high risk to termite attack or if termites are already active?
A home inspection for termites is known as a building inspection and includes a pest report and a building report. It involves a thorough visual inspection of the sub floor, roof void interior, exterior, and other areas of the property. An average house takes anywhere from one to two hours to complete. Cost varies from $160-$360 depending on the size of the house and access.
The report consists of approximately 10-11 pages and digital photos (if available) on request. Please remember a termite inspection report is designed to detect termites at an early stage and to reduce the amount of potential damage to your home. It does not stop termites. It is strongly recommended a Termite Inspection is carried out at least once every twelve months and every three to six months for high risk areas.
Note: Most Household Insurance Policies do not cover you for termite damage.
A Termite / Pre-Purchase Inspection report is designed to:
- Detect old damage and active termites.
- Gives you the element of risk of infestation.
- Gives you tips on reducing the chances of termite infestation.
- Gives us enough information to accurately quote you on a termite treatment and to use the most appropriate method.
- Most importantly, educates you about termites.
- Identifies species of termites.
Standard Building Inspection Report Equipment
- Torch with bright light. This is essential and krypton bulbs give the best light for torches generally available today. LED torches, headlamps and flashlights are the next generation inspection tools and should be used when they come onto the market.
- A termite sounding donger. A fibreglass rod with a small plastic ball at the end. It is designed to run along skirting boards, higher placed timbers and other exposed timbers. When it runs across termite infested timber the tone changes, indicating hollowed out timber.
- A Moisture Meter. It is designed to pick up high moisture content in walls and timbers. Termites bring up moisture from the soil and into the walls and timbers.
- A Termatrac microwave tracking device. Termatrac is a breakthrough development in the building inspection detection of termites, invented and developed in Australia using technology similar to radar, Termatrac is the exciting answer to detecting termites through timber, plaster board, brick or masonry with no interference to the building material or termite activity. With no drilling, tapping or prodding, Termatrac is the answer to termite detection without termite defection! With Termatrac, the pest professional enjoys the advantage of accurate detection and customer peace of mind.
- Binoculars. They are used to look at roof lines in building inspections to see if there is any subsidence. That would be an indicator that termites have infested the roof.
- Stanley Knife & Tape. If termite infested timber is located, we may cut it with a Stanley knife and expose the interior of timber, identifying the species of termites then seal it back up with tape so as not to disturb the termites.
- Listening Device. This listens to sounds in the internal of the walls. However, if you tap the wall with your hand and put your ear up to the wall you can head the soldier termites rubbing the mandibles together.
Ken and Jason are very nice, helpful and professional. Their p&b report is very detailed, giving me a great insight…
Ken is your man !! when it comes to your pest and Building inspections,Look no further,ken and his team know…
This is by far the most professional and thorough building inspector I have used. He is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and…